Ipe Extreme Plugs Video
Ipe Extreme Plugs Give You the Added Security You Want in a Wood Plug
Hello! Thank you for visiting AdvantageLumber.com. My name is Lauren and these are Ipe Extreme Plugs!
When it comes to filling holes left by screws, and you want to go the extra mile and go with the more secure hardwood plugs, then the ipe extreme plugs are just what you need. Ipe extreme plugs offer added security when it comes to filling holes left by standard screw installation.
What Makes These Plugs Different from Tapered Ipe Plugs?
- The ipe extreme plugs come in three different sizes for your convenience
- They are tapered at 1 degree for an easy application.
- These one-of-a-kind plugs are milled with tolerance absorbing rings that plug more securely than conventional wood plugs.
The tolerance absorbing rings fill the imperfections in a screw hole that may not be perfectly round from drilling.
How to Install Ipe Extreme Plugs:
- Predrill and fasten deck board to joist
- Insert a dab of glue into the countersunk hole
- Insert plug, you may need to hit it with a hammer to ensure it’s secure
- Saw off top of plug with a chisel or handsaw
- Sand down top of plug so it’s flush with the decking
- Oil decking after all plugs are installed
Extreme plugs offer superior protection in any climate and create a seamless surface. They fill holes that may have not been perfectly round which saves time and headaches.
The ipe extreme plugs are milled out of the exact same material as our ipe decking so you will still get all of the benefits of a hardwood with these plugs. They will last over 75 years, if you wish to let the decking patina; the plugs will patina along with the decking.
These plugs are your best option for covering those stubborn holes left behind by screws.